Curate your own adventure with a Bespoke Tour
All of Anita’s tours are personal and our Favourite Tours include many aspects of the suggestions below, however at Shetland Guided Tours we are aware that you may be the type of traveller who really researches a destination before you travel and know exactly what you want to see.
Do you have a special interest or focus?
Maybe some of these suggestions will be of interest.
- Wild water swimming
- Island of Unst & Yell -Travel to the most northerly islands in the UK by inter-island ferry. Full day round trip taking in all the sights including historic houses and castle; Viking history; Boat Museum; Seabird Colonies; Geology; Local History (This tour is not suitable for cruise ship passengers due to the timescale.)
- Seabirds & Seals – Boat trip from Lerwick to Bressay & Noss
- Knitting and Textiles – Visit local designers and textile museum and/or visit Uradale organic farm to see native Shetland sheep, fleeces & yarn and hear a talk by the owner followed by tea/coffee and cake.
- BBC ‘Shetland’ Drama series – Tour to see the areas where the scenes were shot.
- Modern Industry
- War History
- Archaeology – Visit sites you choose.
- Guided walks/Hikes
Bespoke personalised tours can take you all over Shetland to access your chosen interest and so scenic drives are included.
- Duration – anything from 2 hours to full day
- Price – £95 per hour (Total for up to 4 people)